Best Vegan Collagen Boosting Supplements on the Market: Benefits and Tips
We are often told that collagen is something that we need all our adult lives, no matter what we eat and how we live. Is it really so? If the fact is true, how does it affect vegans with their animal protein restrictions? Is there such a thing as a vegan collagen supplement? You can find answers to these and other questions in the article below.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the most important tissue-building protein in the human body. It is important for the health and looks of our hair, skin, bones, and joints, their firmness, and elasticity. The slowdown of its production starts as early as in our twenties. This is the reason our bodies need to get collagen from external sources. (PubMed: What is collagen, what is not)
Different Ways to Fill the Gap
The thing is that food sources cannot supply as much collagen as a human body needs. To begin with, the main sources of collagen are animal products: meat, dairy, eggs, etc. But the problem is that if even those who are not vegans begin eating only them – from morning till night – will not be able to even partially cover their collagen deficit.
As a result, people start turning to dietary supplements. However, most of these supplements contain animal-derived collagen, which is absolutely taboo for vegans. What should they do? Is there any uncompromising way out for them?
Plants do not have as much collagen as we need, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that vegans cannot find anything to satisfy their vital requirements. It was discovered that Mother Earth has a great variety of plant-based nutrients able to boost your collagen production. These are biotin, lysine, silica, vitamin A and C, zinc, copper, and a few others. These substances are exactly what the best vegan collagen supplements are based on. Collected together, these amazing compounds represent a powerful team of natural agents that create excellent conditions for collagen synthesis inside our bodies.
What Else Vegans Need to Know
These days, there are plenty of first-class vegan collagen solutions on the market that feature different combinations of collagen-boosting nutrients. Naturally, you will want to choose the one that would match your individual requirements.
If you are looking for an extra boost, choose a supplement containing antioxidants, which will facilitate the overall effect and bring enhanced benefits to your skin and bone systems. Beware that antioxidants may be indicated as polyphenols, flavonoids, carotenes, and acids! Vitamins C and E are also excellent and powerful antioxidants.
You should also know that plant boosters’ production is traditionally based on hi-tech and cutting-edge science. The result of this approach is a highly hydrolyzed protein that is already split into peptides (proteins with lower molecular weight) with great absorption abilities. This ability of botanically-based peptidic matters is also widely used by skin creams’ producers.
To summarize, the main take-outs vegans should be aware of are the following:
- You can’t get enough collagen from natural food sources but can replenish yourself with a quality collagen booster.
- A lack of scientific evidence that a human body is able to instantly convert the consumed animal collagen into the collagen it needs.
- Botanically-based substances that force our bodies to produce collagen effectively solve one of our main physiological needs.
- Plant-based collagen builders are purely natural and do not induce side effects of their zoogenic counterparts packed with contaminants (herbicides, antibiotics, etc.), added sugars, and a lot of other nasties.
Benefits of Vegan Collagen Boosters Compared to their Animal Counterparts
A sufficient supply of collagen is essential for anyone but vegans should take it as an utmost priority. What is more, collagen solutions based on plants are much more beneficial than their animal-based alternatives. The reasons are the follows:
- More efficient – as they boost collagen production, while zoogenic ones fail to solve the problem correctly
- Contain pure and natural wholesome ingredients
- Much richer in antioxidants
- Highly accelerate the synthesis of your own collagen
- Better for your gut (especially for people with digestive problems)
- Much tastier – thanks to their botanical origin!
- Lower risk of allergic reactions
- Might be less expensive than carnivorously derived products
- No side effects
How to Choose the Right Vegan Collagen Product
Like anything else, the choice of proper product mostly depends on your personal needs. If you prefer powders, then look for them, and if you are an organic person, include the keyword “organic” in your internet search. However, there are some general rules following which will help you find the solution that you will be enjoying:
- Choose well-established and reliable brands
- Closely research the manufacturer’s website
- Check up the company’s licenses and certifications
- Seek recognizable, pure (better – organic), and non-GMO ingredients
- Doubt statements that sound too good to be true
- Look for any special dietary requirements you need: soy-free, gluten-free, etc.
- Read consumers’ testimonials and independent experts’ comments
Need more Answers? Read other FAQs about Collagen
Our Top 5 Collagen Supplements for Vegans
After intense research and consultations with a couple of dietitians, we have found the following 5 best vegan collagen solutions. All five are free of soy, gluten, and GMOs, which makes them an ideal choice for any lifestyle. These supplements have long proved their worth among thousands of users and become tired and true bestsellers.
Without any doubt, Vegan Collagen Booster is of the greatest quality and efficiency. This is an exemplary science-backed vegan product invented by one of the world’s leading eco-friendly brands. Each capsule contains a blend of 16 vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, including grape-seed extract, biotin, silica, and a super-berry amla.
The most prominent benefits of Vegan Collagen Booster are as follows:
- Includes a powerful team of premium vegan-friendly ingredients
- Visibly hydrates and rejuvenates joints, bones, skin, nails, and hair (if regularly used)
- Also supports vascular and nervous systems
- 100% pure and natural: no soy, GMO, gluten, yeast, wheat, salt, sugar, etc.
- Complete transparency of ingredients
- Third-party (FDA and GMP) tested
- Easy-to-swallow capsules
- Redemption guarantee offer
Meet with Ora Organic brand and one of its bestsellers! Comparing the features, quality, and the price we have ranked it as one of more best natural collagen solutions. This powder-based vegan supplement packs a whole track of organic components gathered together to enhance your abilities to produce collagen. Some prominent stars of the organic Aloe Gorgeous show are Aloe Vera, pea protein, L-lysine, bamboo silica, and acerola cherry.
Benefits that can be gained through the consumption of the Aloe Gorgeous:
- 100% organic and vegan
- One of the best organic collagen powders
- Unique science-backed plant-powered ingredients
- Free of GMO, soy, gluten, filters, and synthetics
- Regular consumption is great for vegans’ musculoskeletal and skin systems
- Third-party certified
- One of the best collagen flavors (vanilla, chocolate, and peanut butter)
- Easy to mix with everything
If you compare in the crowd of brands, Garden of Life will stand out with its authentic products. Its Collagen Builder is one of the best organic collagen capsule-form products on the market. Each serving of the supplement harnesses more than 30 family-farmed organic nutrients. The finest examples of them are amla berry, pomegranate, biotin, turmeric, annatto fruit, and many, many others.
Beneficial effects of the Organic Plant Collagen Builder include:
- Pure organic composition
- Complete absence of toxic fillers, GMO, gluten, synthetic sweeteners, etc.
- Boosts higher levels of collagen, keratin, and other youthful proteins
- Packed with antioxidants, fighting for better skin, hair, and bones
- Possible support to weight management
- Easily swallowable and digestible tablets
- High price and high-quality ratio supported by the stringent production standards
Sunwarrior is a brand that is made its name with super-food and herbivorous’ supplements production. This is truly the best vegan collagen powder for those looking for a booster that supports digestive health. The product contains probiotics that help your body to greater absorption of nutrients through fighting bad bacteria in your stomach.
The benefits of regular intake of Beauty Greens Collagen Booster are as follows:
- Certified organic blend without any artificial additions
- Excellent two-in-one solution: collagen and guts health
- Highly anti-aging and simultaneously mighty and gentle
- Contains sea buckthorn berry, hyaluronic acid, spirulina, amla, leafy greens, and more!
- Vegan, keto-, and paleo-friendly, high protein, and low-carb
- Probiotics’ strength: 2 billion CFU in one serving
- Tastes perfect and can be mixed with anything
In the top choice of vegan solutions, there must be this product from PlantFusion. This powdered collagen builder is getting immensely popular in the plant eaters’ world. It has been recognized by many of them as one of the best natural collagen boosters. Its wholesome ingredients are enhanced by peptides’ and phytoceramides’ properties, which accelerate the building and hydration of collagen in your bone and skin systems.
The most beneficial abilities of the Complete Plant Collagen Builder are:
- 100% natural, plant-powered, and wholesome
- A standout blend of Saberry, hyaluronic acid, bromelain, silica, monk fruit, and many others
- Not only builds but highly hydrates and protects your enlarged collagen reserves
- No synthetic and toxic additives such as soy, gluten, wheat, nuts, etc.
- Quality guarantee: thorough processing with strict control of every production step
- Excellent taste of 3 great options (natural, chocolate, and vanilla)
- May help in weight regulation
These days, when all people get more concerned about staying healthy, finding the right collagen product that can fill a great gap in a vegan diet becomes a priority.
We have prepared the above rating after consulting two professional dietitians. This makes us believe that you shouldn’t have any trust issues about our suggested picks. We hope that our review of the best plant-based collagen solutions will help you select the one that will answer your needs and lead to the desired result.
But if you are still in doubt about which one to choose, our recommendation is Vegan Collagen Booster made by Future Kind. It provides an optimal combination of all the essential micronutrients and supports nutrition demands for an active vegan lifestyle.