5 Apple Cider Vinegar Supplements for You and Your Health. Are There Side Effects?
Apple Cider Vinegar is becoming more widely known for all of its healthy components, it is a superb addition to any diet. It doesn’t stop there, many use it for skincare reasons, or even as a household cleaning agent.
It’s vital that we take care of our insides since they are doing all the work for us. What better way to thank them than giving them a boost that will benefit us enormously!?
Let’s talk about the Apple Cider Vinegar Supplements on the market and how to choose the best one.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple Cider Vinegar is a liquid made by fermenting the sugar in apples, it is known to be ‘a detox drink’ because of all the goodness it contains. It is a natural probiotic, an antioxidant full of protein, enzymes, magnesium, and friendly bacteria.
Once sugars have fermented, the bacteria turns this into acetic acid which is the active ingredient in vinegar and a main part of ACV. This is what’s called ‘The Mother’ as it’s where all the benefits come from. It is high in nutrients such as vitamin A, B, and C, keeping your immune system strong.
Apple Cider Vinegar has been a natural remedy for health problems for decades. Aging back to ancient times, it’s been known to relieve coughs, treat sore throats, and clean wounds, no wonder it has always been praised!
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
It seems a little crazy that this one product can do so much for us, but that’s just it. Though it is recommended to take it in moderation, what we absorb will do wonders for us. A few key benefits include:
- Helps with stomach digestion, therefore can aid bloating. Pour yourself a small glass of warm water with a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, these symptoms will alleviate more if taken before/after a meal.
- If you’ve got high blood pressure, the acetic acid content can help to reduce this. It will also lower cholesterol levels too.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties which are great for the skin. Some use it as an exfoliant, restoring pH balance, or stimulating circulation.
- Improves heart health. Alpha-linolenic acid, which ACV is high in, has been found to reduce the risk of heart disease. If you’ve already got a healthy diet, adding a little to your food will go a long way.
- Can be used as a food preservative. Don’t want your food to be spoiled? ACV will also remove any germs and kill dangerous bacteria. Pop 2-3 tablespoons into your recipe and you’re good to go!
Are There Side Effects?
For the most part, ACV is completely harmless. However, we should always be mindful about how much we choose to absorb as it can have an opposite effect if we’re not careful. It is a wonderful product but not something to rely on as a ‘cure’. Here are some reasons why it’s better to be safe:
- If you are prone to stomach aches or have ulcers, it’s best to stay away. The vinegar content can be hard to tolerate because of its acidity. Not everyone will experience this, but it’s advised to start small.
- Too much vinegar will lower potassium levels. It is a mineral that is very essential in the human body, helping nerves to function and muscles to contract. It’s got many more uses that could all be compromised if you take more than the recommended amount of ACV.
- May cause tooth decay. With any acidic product, we should always notice how much we take in because the enamel on our teeth can weaken, causing erosion. Diluting or using it to marinate food, will reduce this risk.
- If applied directly to the skin, it can cause irritation. We recommend adding a small amount to some water or oil to avoid this.
Choosing Your Preferred Form Of Apple Cider Vinegar
It’s all down to preference, there is something for everyone and very many options on the market currently. It is important that you find what you feel comfortable with and opt for a product you can rely on.
Weighing out all the different forms of ACV will certainly give you a better understanding of what will suit your everyday life accordingly.
1. Nu U Nutrition Gummies
I’m kicking off this list with something a little fun, don’t be fooled by these cute chewy circles though, as they are packed with Vitamin C, B6, B12, Folic Acid, and Chromium.
If you would rather go for gummies, I recommend these. They have great taste and are a more motivating way to take Apple Cider Vinegar.
GMO-free and free from milk, lactose, gluten, wheat, eggs, soybeans, crustaceans, fish, nuts, seeds, and mustard
2. Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
This one is a top pick for many reasons, if you want to consume ACV in the purest way – here’s your answer. The only ingredient in this is Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
Raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized it contains ‘The Mother’ which gives the liquid a cloudy appearance and is the healthiest part.
It has more uses than just dietary, you can add it to a face mask or a toner, to give your skin an even brighter glow. It can even clean dishes and surfaces because of its antibacterial properties.
Non-GMO, Certified Organic, and Vegan
3. Suppl Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules
If you’re looking to steer clear of a strong taste, you’re onto a winner here. It’s no secret that we’ve all turned away from vinegar because of its overpowering scent, this is where capsules save the day.
Suppl has made a practical way to get all your Apple Cider Vinegar advantages but in a way where you can wash them down and go about your day without any lingering flavors.
These capsules contain ‘The Mother’ which is a vital ingredient. They are Vegan Friendly, GMO-Free, and Halal safe. They contain no gluten, lactose, artificial flavorings, or preservatives.
4. Pure Co Organic Apple Cider Vinegar Powder
This may be the perfect solution if you can’t stomach the vinegar flavor and don’t like to swallow tablets. Pure Co allows you to add their powder to a smoothie, sprinkle some on your food or in water.
If you are conscious about your tooth enamel or can be forgetful with tablets (like I am!) then this is a wonderful alternative to keep in the kitchen where you can have it with your breakfast.
Vegan, Certified Organic Ingredients, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and No Fillers
5. Sashvitality Apple Cider Vinegar Pro
Now, I’m not saying these capsules give you superpowers, but have you seen the added ingredients?! You’ll feel great with the Apple Cider Vinegar, but the turmeric, ginger, cayenne, and flaxseed will give you a giant boost.
While the taste may be subjective, every part of this product will do wonders for you physically and mentally. It is a superfood dream, and from the inside out our bodies will be thanking us.
Vegan, Gluten and Wheat Free, Non-GMO, Soy Free, and High Strength
What Do I Look For In Supplements?
When taking supplements, it’s good to know what you’re actually absorbing. If we’re putting our trust into something that will improve our health, we ought to be aware if it’s the right one for us or not.
Supplements can be an effective way of getting everything you need from Apple Cider Vinegar, without having to take it in liquid form. Its distinctive taste can sometimes be slightly off-putting and unfamiliar, but there are many alternatives to save the day!
Here is what to look for when investing:
- A high concentration of ACV
- No added sugars
- Vegan Friendly
To ensure you’re putting the best in your body, knowing the main factors is key when you’re searching. It can be easy to feel a little confused with all the products around us these days, so it’s helpful to stay clued up.
Is It Worth The Hype?
Everyone could do with a kick of wellness every so often, even if it tastes a little unfamiliar and ends in us making the ‘I just ate a lemon!’ face. Sometimes you’ve got to take a leap of faith to keep your body nourished!
Apple Cider Vinegar is a staple that if you can, you should keep in your home as you never know when you might need it or for what reason. To know that it has been around for all these years, must show us all one thing – it’s definitely pretty special!
I have used apple cider vinegar for sometime now and was aware of some of the benefits, this additional info is great, thanks.